Manuel Caffè | Cultura caffe - Il consumo di caffe

Coffee consumption

Every year Italy imports around 330,000 tons of green coffee. It exports around 4,000 tons of roasted coffee, thanks to the work of 750 coffee roasting plants in the country. 70% of coffee in Italy is drunk in the home and the remaining 30% in bars/restaurants (25%) and/or in the workplace (5%). Every Italian drinks an average of 5 kg of coffee a year. Around fourteen billion cups of espresso coffee are ordered in bars.